Monday, October 13, 2008

Mother's Weekend with Michelle

This past weekend I was able to go up to Rexburg and spend the weekend with Michelle for BYU-Idaho's Mothers Weekend. We had such a blast and made some wonderful memories. We were busy all weekend. Friday we went to an alumni dinner and I saw my Lambda Delta Sigma advisor from when I was at Ricks who I haven't seen in almost thirty years!

Since I was the only Mom that came from her apartment I got to "adopt" all of her roommates too. They were wonderful and took great care of me. We all went to pizza together one night. This picture is of Debbie - the awesome cook, Opal - the sweet "skater chick", Teresa -the darling Relief Society president germaphobe, Elise - the fabulous opera singer, Michelle - my beautiful daughter, and Crystal - Shell's wonderful best friend since high school. They are a really fun bunch!
Saturday we went to a couple of workshops and attended a nice luncheon. That night we laughed our guts out at "Comic Frenzy", an improv group made up of students. It was hysterical and I loved that it was clean! Afterwards we saw a concert by Natalie McMaster, a Canadian fiddler/step dancer that is INCREDIBLE!!! It was a Blast! Every Sunday night their apartment hosts a "Sweet Swap" where whoever wants to come brings a treat to share and they all mingle and eat and mostly flirt. These are just a small few of the ones that came the night I was there. Michelle is blessed with great friends and some pretty cute boys up there! Thanks for letting me come up and spend time with you Michelle. You are absolutely amazing and I am so proud to be your Mother. I LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Thanks for coming mom! It was so great and I do miss you! Love you!

Haley said...

How fun! What's there to not love about Rexburg! I wanna come up with you next year.