Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Conference Weekend

Easton and I ran to the store between sessions and it was pouring rain. I accidentally started to put his jacket on backwards, but decided to go ahead and zip it up that way to see what he would do. He thought it was so funny that he wanted to leave it like that.
He thought it was so much fun to walk into the stores with his hood over his face and we would say, "Who turned out the lights?" Where does he learn these things? Oh yea.....ME!!
A couple of Michelle's roommates from BYU-Idaho came and stayed with us and it was fun getting to know them. Hi Debbie and Opal! The others are two more of her roomies, Elise and Chrystal, and a friend Stephanie. What fun girls!

I love General Conference Weekend! We have some great traditions for conference and this year proved to be one of the best. Friday night Landon's family and Jen came over to watch the BYU football game and spent the night to watch conference together in the morning. I made my famous "Conference Cake" (I just changed the name to that recently since it is really a "coffee cake") and a yummy breakfast casserole in the morning and we all watched together. How about that temple coming to Rome, Italy?!?! Awesome! Saturday night the girls all get together with Haley's Mom and sisters and we have dinner and do a craft. This year we went to Whitney's house and had a lasagne dinner and made these darling witch's boots. That night Jen stayed again and we had Michelle and Debbie and Opal at our house. It was great! I loved all of the messages - especially the ones about having hope in these difficult times. It is so true that the Lord is in charge and if we just follow the prophet and keep our covenants everything will be just fine. I am so grateful to know that there is a living prophet on the earth today and for the peace and joy I have because of the Gospel in my life.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Love the pics of him and his jacket. Soo cute. Thanks for taking him so Landon and I could get a much needed nap!!